We asked parents what they liked most about being part of a babysitting circle and here’s what they told us.
- “I know the all the other parents in our group really well
- “Not having to pay a babysitter makes going out a whole lot cheaper”
- “The feeling of support is fantastic, especially as I’m on my own”
- “It’s actually really lovely catching up with friends at the start and end of their night out. We might sneak in a glass of wine together too before I head off!”
- “It’s great being able to find a babysitter when you just want to head out for an hour or two”
- “It creates a strong feeling of community which is really important as most members live far away from their families”
- “Babysitting feels like a treat. I watch TV, browse Twitter and drink a glass of wine all while helping out a friend”
- “Cost, familiarity and leaving the children in safe hands, and with a fellow a parent”
To create your own babysitting circle ask your trusted friends and download our app. Sitster is a free app to help parents organise a babysitting circle with their trusted friends. The app does all the administration, organising and keeps track of the virtual points you earn and spend babysitting. Easy, Free and Fair.